Author Topic: cannot change screen resolution  (Read 8050 times)

lazyguy

• View Profile
cannot change screen resolution
« on: July 07, 2008, 01:03:13 pm »
seriously, i havent played audiosurf in MONTHS, and this problem still hasnt been fixed
i want to play a certain resolution, WINDOWED

resolution only changes on fullscreen, nothing happens for windowed option

cant even REMEMBER MY LAST OPTIONS OF IT, shit, i dont want to change the resolution settings every time i decide to play audiosurf

also, please, i dont want to download the orangebox soundtrack everytime there's a new update, i delete it -> new update -> redownloads it
NO I DONT WANT IT, make it optionally

Laserrobotics

• Robot Overlord
  • Global Moderator
  • Beep boop everyone.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: cannot change screen resolution
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 01:49:01 pm »
what's wrong with you?  got a 3GB hard drive?

Devil_Spawn

• Not Devil_Awesome, Devil_0wns, Devil_TheGreatest..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:04:17 pm »
why do you delete the game before every update...????

also, the res picked has been working and is remembered perfectly well for me and has done for ages.

ViRUS

• Global Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - newvirus@live.com.ar
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 04:16:36 pm »
seriously, i havent played audiosurf in MONTHS, and this problem still hasnt been fixed
i want to play a certain resolution, WINDOWED

resolution only changes on fullscreen, nothing happens for windowed option

You CAN change the resolution windowed by resizing it's window like in all other Windows programs, but not using the "Change resolution" button, it's the same for every Windows program. Just resize it until it shows "800x600","320x240" or whatever you want in the options page.

cant even REMEMBER MY LAST OPTIONS OF IT, shit, i dont want to change the resolution settings every time i decide to play audiosurf

It's a problem with your computer, it remembers my resolution, sound effects config, volume config & blocks colours config.

also, please, i dont want to download the orangebox soundtrack everytime there's a new update, i delete it -> new update -> redownloads it
NO I DONT WANT IT, make it optionally

Well, if you delete a part of a game, it's OBVIOUS that Steam will detect that it is "corrupted" and will try to "repair" it by downloading the missing files again. Again, the problem here is YOU, not the game or Steam.

LeFail

• Lasers
    • View Profile
    • Youtubizzle.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 06:27:38 pm »
Mmm.

Yeah, manually drag one of the corners of the window to change the resolution.

Audiosurf never remember's my resolution (fullscreen or windowed), but I maximize the game anyway so it approaches 1680x1050 and it doesn't bother me much. It remembers everything else though.
R.I.P. the Mono Mishap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWgb7iBuus, is it (732k) in you?

lazyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 06:14:08 pm »
looks like i'm talking to a wall here

about harddrive space; no, i have enough, but i dont want to keep 250mb of useless harddrive space that could be used
and no, the mp3 are not technically 'part' of the game, it's 'included', the games function perfectly fine without these files, hence why i delete them

about resolution: obviously you can drag the corner to change the resolution, but it wont RENDER it any different, big difference there
and no, few of my friends have the same problem with the screen resolution remembering, so it's audiosurf's devs error not mine, all the sound and mouse configs are saved, just not the screen settings

LeFail

• Lasers
    • View Profile
    • Youtubizzle.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 06:18:58 pm »
The game does not increase quality for you increasing screen resolution. Yes, the resolution increases, no the quality does not. If you've played Warcraft 3, you should already know how to deal with this.
R.I.P. the Mono Mishap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWgb7iBuus, is it (732k) in you?

ViRUS

• Global Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - newvirus@live.com.ar
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 07:26:18 pm »
about harddrive space; no, i have enough, but i dont want to keep 250mb of useless harddrive space that could be used
and no, the mp3 are not technically 'part' of the game, it's 'included', the games function perfectly fine without these files, hence why i delete them

Yes, they are part of the game, at least Steam thinks so. Anyway this is Steam's fault, not Audiosurf.

tnl

• tweaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 05:29:20 am »
You could replace the Orange Box OST with my set of blank files linked in my sig...

lazyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 11:42:28 pm »
You could replace the Orange Box OST with my set of blank files linked in my sig...

thanks alot, i was thinking of setting stub files too, but was too lazy
nice clannad textures lol

Lavos^

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 12:39:40 am »
Can't agree more with OP.

The game in total is 360MB, and 250MB of that is fucking music. It's a complete joke. What a way to inflate the download size by more than double.

Not remembering the settings is annoying. Dylan said he was going to get the game to actually use the config file, but that hasn't happened.

Also, replacing the files won't work, at least not when you verify, because all the checksums are stored in the caches, if the files differ, it downloads them anyway.