Author Topic: If you bought the full game but then it gives you a demo expired message...  (Read 31520 times)

lebeth

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just close out Steam totally--like really exit it--and then start the game up again. This should fix it.

TricH

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks, but I think you should fix it to avoid trying random things like restarting the computer or even reinstalling the whole game.

I downloaded the demo (never played it) and I bought the full game in the same Steam session.

ParaPlay3r

• View Profile
Restarting Steam or even the computer doesn't have any effect. There are still only 3 modes available.
I also tried to reinstall the game. Again, no success.

So, I installed the beta another time. After this the message about the song limitation is gone, but there are still just the 3 modes.

Please help me.

bulletproof moses

• View Profile
    • Email
I am having this same exact problem, is there any way to make it so that we don't have to exit out of steam each time to play again?

Madman

• View Profile
Restarting Steam or even the computer doesn't have any effect. There are still only 3 modes available.
I also tried to reinstall the game. Again, no success.

So, I installed the beta another time. After this the message about the song limitation is gone, but there are still just the 3 modes.

Please help me.
Play one of the modes. The reason there's only 3 modes is to get you used to the game. Once you've played one, I'm pretty sure the others 'unlock'.

At least, that's what happened for me.

Jetsetlemming

• View Profile
I had this problem too, uninstalled and reinstalled the game three times before finally trying restarting Steam as a solution.
I sure hope you guys are looking into fixing this. It's quite the frustrating first experience for a new customer. :|
At least put a note on the purchase page or "Buy the game!" screen in the demo.

lebeth

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You're right-at least a note on that page would be helpful.

ParaPlay3r

• View Profile
Play one of the modes. The reason there's only 3 modes is to get you used to the game. Once you've played one, I'm pretty sure the others 'unlock'.

At least, that's what happened for me.

That's it! Thank you very much. I was so frustrated there were only the 3 modes that I didn't even try to play one of them ;D

icdragon

• View Profile
    • Email
Restarting Steam fixed it, thanks!

FalconFour

• $ego++;
    • MSN Messenger - falcon@falconfour.com
    • View Profile
    • FalconFour.com
    • Email
This, without any exceptions, belongs in the Critical Bugs section... as there are many people there that can't possibly class this as a "it plays but it's annoying" Bug, and wouldn't even think to look here.

If nothing else, at least make a duplicate sticky thread there that links here (or just copies the original post's text). Seriously. I was so pissed.

Core 2 Duo E4500, 2.9GHz 3gb RAM 256mb 8400GS XP Pro SP2 + nLite
In case of emergency, my ego may be used as a flotation device. Vista PCs converted to XP so far: 2

mr_mlk

• View Profile
    • My Adventures In Online Money Making
Re: If you bought the full game but then it gives you a demo expired message...
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 10:55:12 am »
I agree with FalconFour, this should be considered a critical bug.

As a sticky-tap fix you might want to put a note up somewhere in the game stating that restarting Stream fixes the problem (by His noodlely appendage I hope so, I don't want to download again).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 10:59:10 am by mr_mlk »

lebeth

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 11:13:46 am »
Word dudes--I stickied it on critical. Sorry again for that annoyance.

Telefrog

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 08:03:33 pm »
I have redownloaded the full game three times and restarted Steam each time. I have played each of the modes available and I am still apparently playing the demo version with most of the modes locked to me. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

FalconFour

• $ego++;
    • MSN Messenger - falcon@falconfour.com
    • View Profile
    • FalconFour.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 08:07:34 pm »
I have redownloaded the full game three times and restarted Steam each time. I have played each of the modes available and I am still apparently playing the demo version with most of the modes locked to me. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
There needs to be some text regarding that. The locked modes are NOT PART of the demo. They're part of the tutorial! You have to play a few songs to unlock the other guys. Appearances are deceiving - only the "x songs remaining in your demo" text in the song browser indicates you're running a demo.

Core 2 Duo E4500, 2.9GHz 3gb RAM 256mb 8400GS XP Pro SP2 + nLite
In case of emergency, my ego may be used as a flotation device. Vista PCs converted to XP so far: 2

Pwntastic

• Roffles The Mighty
  • Global Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - rofflesthemighty@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LordDosk
    • View Profile
    • Pwntastic.Net
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 08:12:51 pm »
The upcoming patch fixes that