Author Topic: Most requested features  (Read 87989 times)

TheAudioSurfer

• Global Moderator
  • Roaming the audio highways
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vashstampede5000
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
    • Email
Most requested features
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:21:05 pm »
Do not make topics about these features, as they are requested the most:

• Online Multiplayer
  • Volume Control
  • User specific scoreboard
  • Character specific scoreboard
  • Unicode Support
  • Bookmarked folders
  • In-game tag editing

If I missed any, post them here.
This topic needs to be cleaned up at some point.  I don't know if I'll have the time to do it until summer.  ~Laser
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:13:30 pm by Laserrobotics »

FalconFour

• $ego++;
    • MSN Messenger - falcon@falconfour.com
    • View Profile
    • FalconFour.com
    • Email
Re: Most requested features
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:24:38 pm »
Individual scoreboards for characters? I thought that was top on the list...

Who asked about a volume control? I thought they were laughed off the board... :P

And what's "online multiplayer" mean?

Core 2 Duo E4500, 2.9GHz 3gb RAM 256mb 8400GS XP Pro SP2 + nLite
In case of emergency, my ego may be used as a flotation device. Vista PCs converted to XP so far: 2

freibooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 05:54:13 am »
Wouldn't "Generic-Gamepad-Support" one of those frequently requested ones?

It should be comparably easy to support HID-compliant generic Gamepads under Windows and for me personally that is the one feature I would really, really like to see soon, i.e. once the mayor bugs have been fixed. :-)

racingfreak92

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 07:17:47 am »
- Volume Control
- Something that tells you how long the song is in the file browser
- A mono mode with all colored blocks, (ie: take ninja mono and make the grey blocks colored ones), this  one i want more than anything
- Start in Full Screen option

Tomiiik.V

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 09:21:23 am »
Unicode support in OGG/FLAC tags - international characters are displayed OK in file names, but not in OGG/FLAC tags

LiQuid!

• AOL Instant Messenger - liquid3600
    • View Profile
    • Broccoli Disco
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 11:50:15 am »
A couple things:

I think there should be more stats at the end of songs.  How many of each color block there were and how many you got, number/size of combos, how many white/black blocks you got/missed.  I dunno about most gamers, but when I play music/rhythm games like this I crave stats.

Also, it would be kind of nice to know how exactly someone who ran a song and only got Match 7 beats me when I have M11, clean finish, seeing red & butter ninja...

In general, I think the UI needs a lot of work.  More media player style functionality would be a good start.  Song search and browser needs to be a lot better.  I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest this.

Lastly, I'd love to have a giant log of all the scores I've ever posted too, similar to the My Songs list, only spanning the entire history of you playing.  It wouldn't have to be much more than just a big text log file that the game writes and draws info from.

crispy602

• The dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 05:57:42 pm »
So first off, great game, incredibly addicting.

Second off, I realize for $10, we probably can't expect major additions. If it happens, awesome. I for one would happily pay some extra $$ for downloadable content. Particularly in the form of additional visuals, could call em skins. I realize that's probably not for everyone, but I imagine there are some of us out there that would like it. Maybe even some sort of sliders to tweak w/ the visual style.

My top feature requests:

A song preview button in the file browser
Start in Full Screen (modifying the ini doesn't seem to do it for me)

Other ideas:
Album cruise mode, perhaps even a way to compete over full albums instead of songs. (I really want to do this w/ DSOTM =)
Perhaps a screensaver/playlist mode that has the camera fly around a bit.
Perhaps a way to filter out scoreboard results that aren't similar to your version of the song's length/visual pattern

staveoffzombies

• RORORORORORORORO
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 08:20:40 pm »
Lastly, I'd love to have a giant log of all the scores I've ever posted too, similar to the My Songs list, only spanning the entire history of you playing.  It wouldn't have to be much more than just a big text log file that the game writes and draws info from.

Seconded.

KliveOne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 11:31:07 pm »
Longer song support is a main I would like to see.

FalconFour

• $ego++;
    • View Profile
    • FalconFour.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 12:40:14 am »
I can't believe I'm the one that has to say this, but in case you didn't notice, this is a topic titled "Most requested features", outlining features that you should not make topics about, asking if there are any highly requested features he missed.

That does not mean "post your requests and i'd-likes here", it means if you know of any requests that have circulated wildly on the forums and are missing from that list, post them here. So please, stop with the "i'd like to see" posts. I think we can all agree on that. If you're mentioning a feature that's missing from the list, say that, not "I'd like to see".

In case of emergency, my ego may be used as a flotation device. Vista PCs converted to XP so far: 2

KliveOne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 02:22:47 am »
Thats usually what it takes dude, for people to post one that most others would like. We cant all post one feature and wait for all the posts to come in to know its most requested. With a topic like this theres usually one post and the other 'Ah yes I like that idea' will come and join the topic.   Just takes one dude.

Btw FalconFour your post only helps the thread get off topic.

racingfreak92

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 02:46:45 am »
I rather have one thread for requested features then 30 million each asking for 1 thing.

And, i would like to see some kind of identifier to so if youve played that song yet (ever, if youve played it once it goes away forever)

FalconFour

• $ego++;
    • View Profile
    • FalconFour.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 02:55:57 am »
Thats usually what it takes dude, for people to post one that most others would like. We cant all post one feature and wait for all the posts to come in to know its most requested. With a topic like this theres usually one post and the other 'Ah yes I like that idea' will come and join the topic.   Just takes one dude.

Btw FalconFour your post only helps the thread get off topic.

This thread has ONE topic and ONE POST: These are topics NOT to post about. How are you missing that fact? This topic's title is NOT "Post your feature requests"! Seriously, this shouldn't even be up for debate! It's one post to outline one list - in one post at the top of this thread - of things not to post about!

God, I've got to get off this forum, this is making my brain hurt! I really didn't think people were capable of such things... we are IN the FEATURE REQUESTS FORUM. It is a FORUM for TOPICS about features. Not one thread about features! Stop posting your feature requests in here!

This makes me look like a huge ass, and I really wish someone else would come in here and *ahem* do their job so I don't have to! The only reason I look like an ass is because I don't have a modstick to back it up with...

KliveOne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 05:44:18 am »
Lol maybe I seem to notice it says not to make topics about "these features" followed by a ":" and a bullet layout talking about "these features".

Do not make topics about these features, as they are requested the most:

• Online Multiplayer
  • Volume Control
  • User specific scoreboard
  • Character specific scoreboard
  • Unicode Support
  • Bookmarked folders

If I missed any, post them here.

AmIAnnoyingNow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 06:29:39 am »
You forgot to put Replay/Demo Feature on that list, I'm pretty sure that's been suggested enough to make it on there. It would certainly make it easier to fraps things.
Dethrones: 34
Reclaimed Thrones:3/3